Touchdown at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We arrived at the LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) Airport in  Kuala Lumpur 3 am. The first sight as we walked towards the baggage area was this 100th awesome plane owned by AirAsia.

AirAsia, Asia’s largest low-budget carrier, began operations in 1996. It was originally founded by DRB-Hicom (Diversified Resources Berhad – The Heavy Industries Corporation of Malaysia Berhad), one of Malaysia’s leading corporations specializing in automotive manufacturing. By 2001 however, with US$ 11 million (MYR 40 million) worth of debts, Tony Fernandes of the Tune Group, bought AirAsia with a cost of 1 Malaysian Ringgit. The rest of the story is history as they say it.

You can read more about AirAsia here.

Almost all shops were closed at the airport. But I had to buy some things. First thing on my mind was to look for a money changer. Again, airport prices were considered but I have no other choice. My P1000.00 was merely MYR62.00.

A lone bus counter was open during that time. I asked how to go to this particular place, and elaborated the directions. She also sold an RM8.00 bus ride from LCCT to KL Sentral, my central reference for all the places I would go to.

As she said the first trip was on 4 am, I had time walking around the airport.


At 3:45 am, a bus labeled LCCT KL Sentral arrived. We departed from the airport at 4 am sharp. Amazing!

It was around 6 am when we arrived at KL Sentral. The few people there said the first trip would be on 6:30. Nothing left to do but take pictures here and there.

When it was 6:20, I had already bought my train ticket. I was waiting for the train with a fellow from Indonesia. We talked about his job as a seaman, as well as his experiences with sabong (cockfighting) in the Philippines.

A few minutes later, my train came. I said goodbye and that it was really nice meeting him.

I arrived at the place I intended to go. Walking though the littered streets, I noted that the streams were not really that littered. Birds were very common on the streets.

After finishing my business, I had to take the train again. The following photographs were some of the sights.

I was at Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) train station by 10:00 am. I checked the nearby mall, which changed my peso with a much higher rate (P14.27 for MYR1.00).

From the mall, I asked the taxi drivers about buses going to Kota Bharu. Walking for about 10 minutes, the station presented itself.

To Kota Bharu! 😀

(Click this link for the next story)

Tagged , , , , , , ,

4 thoughts on “Touchdown at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

  1. […] Touchdown at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ( Rate this: Share this:FacebookTwitterTumblrLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. « Touchdown at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia […]

  2. […] recap, the trip started in April 22 (Sunday), at Kuala Lumpur (click here for my post on my first day). Next, I spent the next two days (April 23 and 24) at Kota Bharu, Kelantan (click this link for […]

  3. Hello there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of
    volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us useful information to work on.
    You have done a outstanding job!

  4. Howdy! This post could not be written any better!

    Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

comment comment comment!!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: